HUD Requirements for manufactured home based

Want to buy a produced "mobile" home and finance it with an FHA loan? Would you like to refinance your current credit with an FHA loan? If so, an authorized structural engineer must investigate the foundation of his home in order to comply with the HUD manual 4930.3, the "Standing Foundations Guide to Manufactured Houses" and the House and the 2008 Economic Recovery Act (Entered into force on 30 July 2008). New homes must comply with the requirements of the HUD manual 4145.1, REV-2, CHG-1 "Architectural processing and home mortgage checks" and are reported on the HUD-92051 "Compliance Check Report"

. the requirements written by HUD are often stricter than local building codes. The purpose of these requirements is to make your home safe while increasing your ability to withstand strong wind and earthquake, withstand moisture problems and increased bearing strength to reduce the possibility of accounting for foundation.

The following is a list of basic HUD basic requirements:

• Concrete flooring or approved artificial foundation should support piers.

• When using Concrete Blocks (CMUs) as piers, the piers or Portland cement mortar should be placed or piled dry and coated with fiber-reinforced, surface-bonded cement. Steel stands are approved bait substitutes, provided they are designed and closed by an authorized engineer.

• The chassis must be secured to the support (screwed grounding pins are not allowed).

• Hold the base with a durable base. From May 21, 2009 vinyl or metal plinth materials are allowed.

• Provide adequate ventilation in the crawl space. 1 square meter net free space occupies 150 square meters of crawl space at the edge of the home.

• The ground under the house must be covered with a minimum 6 mm polyethylene vapor aperture.

• All equipment used to transport homes (languages, axles and wheels) must be removed from the scene.

• All utilities must be permanently installed

As you can see, the requirements are more stringent than most construction codes. I recommend contacting locally licensed architects who can assist you in determining the adequacy of your home and what steps you need to get your home grounded.



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *