Phased approach to project management implementation
Implementation of the PMO can be significant challenges. Therefore, the gradual approach to the implementation of the PMO is not only decisive but also a distinguishing feature of successful project management consultancy firms. Experienced project management consultants know that a gradual approach is:
(1) helping to overcome resistance to change,
(2) enables early learning lessons to be incorporated into systems built into later phases and
(3) establishes a solid basis for available project-level data before enterprise-level information exchange. Secondly, successful project management consultants know that there is no "universal solution" for PMO design. To be effective, the PMO needs to be tailor-made to the organization's project types, management / staff skills, and organizational culture. A phased approach to implementation allows the time (in the initial stages) to gather primary information about project characteristics, staff and cultural shades in order to properly tailor the delivered solution
. Implementation of project management
I. Initiative Phase: During the Initial Phase, project management consultants use pilot projects to build the momentum of the process, overcome natural resistance to change and master the organization. The purpose of this phase is to successfully mobilize the organization, restore the current risky projects and create the next two deployment phases. At this stage, the project management methodology is introduced and software training is held; but only to individuals who are specifically associated with pilot project teams. The project-level deployment phase has been developed and key tools have been created that are utilized during the remaining deployment phases.
II. Project Level Deployment Phase: The second phase uses information gathered from pilot projects in the Initial Phase to start structured project design and control processes for all other projects and formally establish Project Management Office. This section may include the job description of the PMO, official guidelines for project planning / project management, project website and web-based activity update system – basically the infrastructure needed to support consistent and successful implementation of project management techniques. PMO. Project management training is also led to the whole organization during the project-level deployment phase. After completing this phase, a project management office core is in place, training all project team members, and project management consultants are ready to move to support the project team's requirements to support the PMO staff.
of the III. Enterprise-level deployment phase : During the enterprise-wide deployment phase, tools are used to address the entire project portfolio of the organization. Examples of these tools; corporate performance indicators, management dashboards, to gain overall visibility into project status, project scheduling based on limited resources and project priorities (enterprise resource allocation). The purpose of this type of tool is to: (1) provide management timely and accurate information on the status of all the projects implemented by the organization; and (2) support business decision making that will have an impact on successful completion of projects such as staff modification, , project prioritization and workload
During the enterprise-level deployment phase, Project Management Office staff have already begun to assume the daily tasks of developing and maintaining ongoing project plans. In doing so, the PMO staff can release the project management consultant to focus on planning and implementing corporate-level tools. By the end of this section, the responsibility for developing and updating the individual project plans was transferred by project management consultants and PMO staff.
IV. Maintenance phase : The final phase marks the important transition of the project management office to project management consultants to the organization. In addition to supporting the day-to-day tasks of designing and controlling individual projects, PMO staff will now become the focus of providing enterprise-level information and analysis required by management. At this point in the process of project management implementation, the organization is well-trained, a number of success stories have been created and communicated, almost every project has a well-designed project plan and provides extensive support for formal project design and verification process. The Project Management Office infrastructure also works, PMO staff are trained and management is the required transparency of project portfolio information. The successful implementation of this section will provide long-term continuity through the implementation of the necessary policies and incentives to continuously incorporate project management into the organization's culture. Ideally, formal project design and control processes will be essential as the necessary basic competency and core functionality within the organization.
Results expected from the project management consultancy company 1. phase – initial phase
- Project Management Methodology and Software Training for Identified Pilot Members
- Scheduled Plans and Formal Control Processes for All Identified Pilot Projects
- ] The "Templates" Project Library during the Installation Phase
- Initial Communication for Pilot Projects Identification and Assistance can be used
- Standardized Project Encoding Structures and Project Level Reporting Formats
- Finalized Requirements and Plan for Project-Level Deployment Phase
II. Phase – Level Installation Phase
- Project-based, structured project planning and formal audit process for all targeted projects
- Getting PM / Software Coverage for All Project Managers and Team Members
- Training and Mentoring Staff of PMO
- Initial PMO Infrastructure
- and plan for the enterprise-level implementation phase
III. Phase – Enterprise Deployment Phase
- Implementation of Enterprise-level PMO Infrastructure
- The turnover of PMO staff is the day-to-day responsibility for developing and maintaining unique project plans
- Completed requirements and plan for maintenance phase
IV. Phase – Maintenance phase
- Project Management Officer's Sales Support Supports Total Project Management Requirements for the Organization
- Recommendations for Management are policies and incentives that are needed to permanently build and maintain project management as a core competency
There is no doubt that the design of Project Management Office needs to be tailored to the organization's specific needs. The universal "cookie cutter" approach does not recognize differences in project types, management, or staff capabilities. As a result, standardized solutions are generally less likely to succeed. The batch approach maximizes not only the efficiency of the project management consultancy but also the efficiency of their organizations. It enables you to gather important first-hand information in the early stages to overcome the resistance to change and ultimately lead to a well-defined and successful Project Management Office.